BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Show Us Your Life - Wedding Reception and Honeymoon


Once again we continue to show off our weddings in blog style over at Kelly's Korner! I'm just going to get right into it. We got married on September 22, 2007. Our theme was "fall" in love. We had a fall theme. Pumpkins on the seating card table, a leaf topper on the cake, fall flowers, votive holders with leaves and our names printed on them, matches with a leaf, our names and "fall in love" written on them.

This is our first dance. In our bridal party we had an uneven number so instead of having just the bridal party join in, we had the bridal party accompanied by the significant other...FUN! (Sorry again for the copyrighted pictures.)


In addition to having the Father/Daughter and Mother/Son dances...we had a grandparent dance since Brian and I only have one living grandparent. We danced to "What a Wonderful World". It really meant a lot to us, our grandparents mean so much to us. Here's us with our grandparents.


Here we are parting the night away. I could not believe how the day flew by. Us and our friends have a tradition going whenever one of us get married...we always have to play Bon Jovi "Livin on a Prayer". (Although this photo wasn't from when that song was playing.)


Here I am throwing my bouquet. My girlfriend Erin caught my bouquet and got engaged a little over three months later. She got married on December 5, 2008. Brian's best man caught the garter, got engaged this past November/December and is getting married on April 17, 2010!


I loved our cake. It was so yummy! I took home the top level and froze it...we ate a piece on our one year anniversary and we will do so every year until we have just one piece left (which I hope to save forever) or it doesn't taste good anymore. Ha.


We honeymooned in Barbados at Divi Resorts. We never have been on an island vacation before and we ended up picking Barbados! It was absolutely gorgeous there...I didn't want to come home...I wanted to move there...seriously! I only brought disposable cameras and I feel horrible for saying this but still have two I need to develop. Ha. Well these didn't come out too bad seeing I don't have a scanner and took a picture of a picture. (I have the best digital camera!) Everyone was so friendly there and it is so safe. You could walk the streets at three in the morning and no one would bother you. I wish I had more pictures to share. Maybe I'll develop the other camera's and share more another day. Here we are on the beach. The water was the warmest!


We went on a catamaran trip and that was the best part of the trip. I could have done that every day. If I ever go back, I will! We went snorkeling with the sea turtles...so much fun! The most amazing thing that happened was on our last night there, we walked down to the beach and watched baby sea turtles hatch on the beach and there was people rescuing them because the sand crabs kill them (who knew). The let me hold one! (and I forgot to bring my camera) The picture below I took with an underwater camera...cool, huh?


Thanks for visiting I hope you enjoyed!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

My husband has been in my life for 20+ years and I still feel my heart skip a beat when he walks in the door.
I pray that all you ladies have that feel for years to come.
What a beautiful reception ~ the cake and decorations.
Your honeymoon looks like you had a fantastic time!
You both look so happy!