...and on Saturday, boy did it ever...we had a HUGE blizzard...and of course our very good friends were getting married that day! After the drama of having the priest and the photographer cancel on them....they still made it through having a blizzard wedding and it was beautiful. (Don't worry they found another priest and photographer)Here is Alison and Brad walking out of the church. The town where the church was located had a state of emergency, which means no one should be on the roads. But we didn't listen....ha! They had about 225 guest that were supposed to come....and to my surprise the church was pretty packed. It just goes to show you how many people truly love Alison and Brad!
Here is my friend Dani and I after we walked from the church to my car...we were covered it snow. It was SO cold and from only being in the church for an hour my car was completely covered with snow again. I'm so thankful I had my husbands jeep I don't know how we would have made it without it. (He was in the wedding) Also, I didn't have my hair or makeup done for the church and I actually did my hair and makeup when I got to the reception. I brought my hair dryer, flat iron, hairspray and makeup. At least I wasn't the only one....alot of the girls had the same idea....I guess we all remembered that the reception hall had a HUGE bathroom! Ha!
I just had to show you a picture of this plate that they had displayed at the reception. I thought that this was just the cutest idea...I wish I would have done this for my wedding. Maybe when our family is complete I can make one with our family on it and use it for the holiday's.
Here's one of the guests at the reception. He walked through the snow during the wedding and then fell face first into the snow....on purpose! Yea...us Jersey people are a little weird....ha!
Here's the hubby and I at the reception after I did my hair and makeup in the bathroom. Oh and the food was to die for...lobster bisque soup, eggplant parm, shrimp wrapped in prachutto and beef wellington (my fav). Each course they brought out they made into a big presentation all the waitresses walking out onto the dancefloor with food in hand.
After driving 20mph to get home from the reception, we came home to a snow covered everything....driveway, sidewalk, porch. We had to walk through the 23.6 inches of snow that we got to get into the house. Being in a dress walking through it was not fun either. Above is a picture of my friend Dani and I of our feet after walking through the snow to get inside. My legs were so cold....the snow came up to my knees! If you look close enough you can see the snow on my jacket...that's how high it was.....ridiculous!!!
That's right ...you heard right....I said 23.6 inches of SNOW!!! Here are a couple pictures of the snow that I took when we got home from the wedding. This is what we walked through. You can see the jeep...but can you find my car? All you can see of it is my mirror.
Here are my babies (for now). It was Kira's first snow, she's on the right. She was hesitant at first but now she loves it! Poor things though couldn't squat to use the bathroom...they both had accidents in the house. My hubby had to go dig a spot where they could 'go'.
After all was said and done...only 50% of the people showed up to the reception but they still felt the love from all the people that showed to share in their wedding day.
Monday, December 21, 2009
Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow...
Posted by Journal of a Jerseyian at 9:36 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment