BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Show Us Your WEDDING DRESS!!!

This is the first time I am going public on my blog and I am SUPER excited!!! I am actually trying to start posting a couple day a week....so hopefully I make some blog friends!


I got married on September 22, 2007! My wedding date has a little background behind it. I love my grandparents so much!! They were a BIG part of my life. My brother got married on May 29, 2005 and had a dance at their wedding to see who was married the longest...my grandmom and grandpop won! Then the DJ asked them if they had any advice on a lasting marriage and their response was it's all about give and take! My graduation party from college was two week after my brother's wedding. That was the last time I spent with my grandmom. My grandmom passed away that following weekend and was burried on June 22, 2005, on my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary. I got engaged on November 5, 2005 and wanted to do something to honor my grandparents, they live such a long a happy marriage. I really wanted to get married on their wedding day, but it wouldn't fall on a weekend for a long time, so I just stuck with a 22nd date and there you have it...September 22, 2007!


I absoulutly loved my wedding dress!! It was the 3rd one I tried on and nothing what I expected I would choose but that's what I hear from a lot of girls after they get their wedding dress. My brother's wife, my future mother-in-law and future sister-in-law came with me. When I tried on MY dress, they all knew it was the one. My matron of honor (my brother's wife) told me that day that she was going to buy my wedding dress for my because I had no one to buy it for me. I guess usually the mother of the bride buys her dress? Is that right? But my mother has Parkinsons deseise and lives in a nursing home. It was so thoughtful of her to buy my dress for me and when she told me I started crying.

Okay so I guess you've read enough and want to see the dress already. So hear it is!!!

Here is a picture of me and my husband before our first dance. He picked our wedding song and I never heard it until our wedding day!


Here is a picture right after I got ready. Sorry for the photographers copyright over top of it but I think it's one of the best pictures of my dress!



Here is my dad lifting my veil up after walking down the isle.
Sorry again about the copyright.




Thanks for visiting my blog...hope you enjoyed it!!

2 comments:

A Wedding Story said...

So beautiful! That is so sweet that he picked your wedding song! What did he select?

Journal of a Jerseyian said...

Our wedding song was by Jim Brickman "Love of my Life". He said as soon as he heard it, he knew it would be our wedding song. I never actually even listened to it or heard of the song until our wedding day.